Sunday, July 13, 2008

Q'tie

Last Saturday, I got my hair done for the first time here in Taichung.  
It was a social event.  Two young women that I work with brought me to their favorite salon, called Q'tie.  It's just past my favorite Carrefour store.  We spent about 3 hours there!  They interpreted for me and Eri(c), the designer.  I explained how I usually fix my hair and that I wanted it colored to cover the gray, and cut short.  

I was given a Japanese style robe (yukata) to put on over my clothes, and then brought to a large table with a flat screen TV showing movies.  After providing my friends and me a drink (water or tea) and some snacks, two people did my color - while I watched TV!  

Then I had a wonderful scalp massaging shampoo. 
 Next, I moved to the chair where Eri would cut my hair.  His assistant gave me a wonderful back and neck and scalp massage.  Then Eri did the cut.  When he was finished he made sure I was comfortable styling it myself.  It turned out great!  

It's a week later and I have found that I can blow dry it, air dry it, or skip the shampoo one day, and it still looks good!  I guess I should post a picture.  (This is the "air dry" version -no real work on my part!)

No comments: